Due to the need to maintain building temperatures at moderate levels, insulation is a necessity. Blown-in attic insulation in Alvarado is among the best due to its simplicity. All the materials used in this variety have a certain percentage of recyclable materials, making it an eco-friendly method of insulation. The loose-fill suits all types of venting, at an affordable cost, especially considering the R-values that the materials present.
Types of Blown-in Insulation
Fiberglass, cellulose and mineral wool define the various types of loose fill insulation. Due to the differences in physical and chemical properties of respective material components, they have their pros and cons, in addition to suitability of use.
Blown Fiberglass Insulation
Fiberglass has been a common choice for the best attic insulation The material comes from spring molten glass on fibers, with the percentages of glass present defining the density of the product. The manufacturers use recyclable glass particles in the production process. The R-values range from as low as R-2.9 to R-4.5, depending on the thickness and glass densities. Based on the need to reduce selling costs, low-density fiberglass insulation are available at affordable prices.
Blown Fiberglass Insulation Pros
- The material is a good sound absorber, in addition to air ventilation
- Excellent water resistant properties reducing risk of rotting and decaying, even with continued exposure
- Suitable for open walls due to the reliable resistance to environmental extremes
- Comes in various orientations increasing their suitability to various uses and wall presentation and shapes
- Effective in heat and fire resistance, better than the cellulose material
Blown Fiberglass Insulation Cons
- Requires skillful installations and are unsuitable for irregular walls
- The inorganic presentation of the material is not recommendable especially in green building
Mineral Wool Insulation
Mineral wool is a product made from spinning molten minerals to form a fiber-like material. In some cases, manufacturers use synthetic inclusions to boost the performance of the material. The ability of the product to create distinct air partitions promotes their usability in insulation. In residential insulation, the mineral batt insulators are preferred due to their presentability, which suits walls and floors. They are suitable for unfinished attic floors due to their tendency to fill spaces left on a surface.
Mineral Wool Insulation Pros
- The dense nature of the material promotes reliable sound reducing properties
- It is suitable for hard to reach areas and unfinished areas of the attic
- It is as accessible as cellulose material, making it an option for people who prefer it
- The R-values range from 3.1 to 7.2, which is higher than that of fiberglass due to density properties
- The air partitioning properties promotes the venting efficiency to some extent
Mineral Wool Insulation Cons
- Does not guarantee fire resistant properties, especially sue to their reaction to high temperatures
- Tendency to posses carcinogens have made the International Agency for Research on Cancer caution their human safety
- The cost of production and installation are higher and reduce their consideration among insulation choices
- It is mostly suitable for sound insulation purposes since their heat moderation properties are not very reliable
When considering the factors for the best attic insulation in Alvarado Texas, the cost of installing and operating energy are the key influences. However, the design of the walls and floors also determine which blown-in method will produce the best results.
Learn more about your blown-in attic insulation options by calling us today at (817) 784-7747. We are here to help you make an informed decision. Give us a call today for a free quote to compare!
3901 Arlington Highlands Blvd Ste 200
Arlington TX 76018
Residential Attic Insulation Service Area